Saturday, August 30, 2014

College Football

Let's take a step back and look at something a little less serious for once as most of my posts tend to deal with deep subject. Before I start, I would like to give a note of congratulations to my brother Austin McKell for tying the knot with his bride Chandra at the Salt Lake Temple. I hope your day was beautiful and your eternity is as well

There really are few things in life that I love more than college football, and this love got me in trouble a few times on my mission. Yes, I watched football while I was on my mission and like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden "I was not ashamed." So what if the mission rules state that missionaries are not supposed to watch television? In my opinion, it does not hurt to have a rest from what is a very stressful job. As the late Christopher Hitchens said "My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass." I will leave it at that.

Last season was a very tumultuous one for my team, the USC Trojans. We had 4 head coaches in the space of less than 4 months, but still managed to win ten games with a very reduced roster. What can I say, the boys have swagger.

This year begins the Steve Sarkisian era at USC, and I can think of few people I would rather have lead the men of Troy in the playoff era of college football. I fully expect him to have the team in the playoffs regularly and I predict he will win at least 1 in his first 5 years.

As for this year, I predict that Florida St. will repeat as the champions, Marcus Mariota will win the Heisman, and that Alabama will be out of the playoff. As for SC, 10 win season with victories of Notre Dame and UCLA. Fight On.

1 comment:

  1. I still don't think a missionary should be watching football when he/she should be working.

    ReplyDelete