Saturday, May 24, 2014

Time for Change

I will always remember February 10, 2007. It was on that day that then Senator Barack Hussein Obama announced his candidacy for the presidency of the United States. He campaigned (and really has not stopped campaigning) on change. Whether that change has been good or bad during the first 6 years of his presidency is up for debate. No wait, who are we kidding? Both parties hate him. Obama is the black Bush.

But his message of change has echoed with me over the years. My life has been one of constant change, even though I do not like change personally. In 2009, I changed religions and became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 2010 I left my hometown and embarked on a mission for the church in Alabama. Then I returned only for a few days before embarking on a new journey in the state of Utah.

The point of change is not change itself; rather it is if the change is for the better. As Rudy Giuliani said during the 2008 presidential campaign "There is good change and bad change." When we need to make a change, lets make it for the better.

When change is needed, it may hurt. It may mean breaking off a friendship, an engagement, a marriage, or perhaps even a religious conviction. But, through it all we need to change so that we can true to ourselves and the principles we value, whatever those values may be,

If you need to make changes in your life, make them. Time is precious, and is promised to no man. It's getting late.

1 comment:

  1. You gave away your USC stuff? Wow. I think that's really what change has to be. You have to be willing to part with something that may have been a great part of you once, but no longer is.

    ReplyDelete